The Health and Safety Codes were established in California to make sure that every citizen living here is protected in every way possible. The purpose of the entire book of codes is so that every defendant accused of violating any of the Health and Safety codes is charged equally. With these codes, the court system eliminates the concern of misinterpreting what each individual defendant is being charged with.
Each code is described by a number and along with that number and description is a list of punishments that come with that certain violation.
Someone could violate any of these codes by abusing drugs, endangering any person’s health and safety intentionally as well as unintentionally, or by selling any product that could harm anybody’s health.
However, just because someone is being charged with one of these violations does not mean that he or she is guilty. The defendant will have to appear to court, where the judge will determine if the defendant is guilty of his or her charges. Some examples of these charges are as follows:
1) 11350(HS): Felony, Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance, knowledge of the presence of that controlled substance, knowledge of the substance’s nature or character as a controlled substance, and the controlled substance was in a usable amount.
2) 11355(HS): Felony, Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance with intent to sell; you must be caught with large quantities of the drug, Packaging of the drug in separate baggies or bindies, scales, lots of cash, and lots of people coming to your place for only a few minutes at a time.
3) 11377(HS): Felony, Misdemeanor; Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamines.
4) 11378(HS): Felony, Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamines with intent to sell; you must be caught with large quantities of the drug, Packaging of the drug in separate baggies or bindies, scales, lots of cash, and lots of people coming to your place for only a few minutes at a time.
5) 11364(HS): California Drug Paraphernalia Possession; when a person is found to be in possession of illegal drug paraphernalia.
These codes mentioned above are just some of the codes that are listed in the over 1000-page rulebook. These codes are used as a guideline for protecting the health and the safety of every resident in the state of California.
The court system and police officers utilize this code system every day because it makes it easier to communicate with each other about what the suspect is being charged with.
Also these sets of codes give the defendant an idea of what kind of punishment he or she expects to receive if he or she is found guilty of those charges. This ensures that every defendant is treated equally depending on the charges that he or she is being charged with.
Not only do these codes regulate criminal activities, but they also determine how buildings are constructed, how restaurants are operated, how medical care facilities are run, and how personnel are trained. When it comes to the medical field, it is crucial that every aspect of that business is safe because they are responsible for the health of their patients.
These codes are guidelines for these facilities to determine if their employees are able to care for their patients and if the conditions of the building are safe enough to have people in them. These codes also suggest how each individual should be trained to ensure that every employee at the medical facility go through the same type of training, which eliminates any confusion about certain practices regarding the health and safety of the patient.
Another common example of the influence of the health and safety codes are all of those restaurants people see with a letter grade on the outside of their entrance. This piece of paper ensures the customer that the restaurant is safe according to the standards of the state of California. These codes may differ depending on what state you live in.
However, in any case, these codes give the customer a sense of security when entering a restaurant or hospital because they can be confident that the workers are using the necessary safety precautions to avoid diseases.
If you have any more questions or concerns about the health and safety codes then please feel free to contact one of our highly trained agents at Sunrise Bail Bonds Alhambra at any time.
Tap the phone icon below to call
Free Bail Info
Free Inmate Locator
Free Bail Consultation
Free Code Lookup
Local Bondsmen in Alhambra
Fast and Confidential
Easy Payment Plans
24/7 Bail Service
California Health and Safety Codes (HS)
Call us 24/7